Insurance only covers surgical or medical procedures deemed medically necessary. Such procedures such as sclerotherapy (to minimize spider veins), botox, dermal fillers, or chemical peels are not covered by your insurance.
2. How much is the cost of a breast augmentation or abdominoplasty?
The cost varies from patient to patient because each person has different needs. The cost will be determined at the time of your consultation.
3. How soon after the consultation can I have my surgery?
As long as your health is good then you can be scheduled for surgery in a timely matter. If you have a history of certain medical problems you may be required to have a medical clearance by your primary health care provider.
4. How long does it take to find out if insurance has approved my surgery?
Some insurance companies can take up to 4 weeks to give the approval or denial from the time that the information is submitted.
5. What type of veins does Dr. Bowen treat?
She treats spider veins. The larger veins that may be bulging or those that are painful are not treated by Dr. Bowen. Those larger veins are treated by a vein specialist.
6. What is the difference between the different fillers?
The difference between the fillers is minimal with the exception of Radiesse. Radiesse is used in areas that have deeper folds or where more support is indicated ie heavier skin/ tissue.
7. What is the difference between BOTOX® and Dysport®?
They both are indicated to relax the muscle and smooth out forehead wrinkles. The onset may be quicker with Dysport but both may last up to 4 months.
8. Will I spend the night after my surgery?
Most surgeries do not require an overnight stay at the hospital but this is depending on the type of surgery such as breast reconstruction after a mastectomy.
9. Will my surgery be done at the hospital or in your certified surgery center?
Most surgeries can be done at our on-site certified surgery center assuming that your health meets certain criteria. Some insurance companies may require your surgery to done at the hospital.
10. What hospitals does Dr. Bowen perform surgeries?
She does surgeries at Southeast Georgia Health System in Brunswick, Georgia and at Satilla Regional Medical Center in Waycross, Georgia.